MAIL MANager for
Electronic Mail System
MAIL MANager is a user-friendly, feature-rich,
affordable E-MAIL system for the IBM AS/400. MAIL MANager
is designed to serve users whether they are operating on a single
AS/400 or on a network.
- User-defined folders for storing mail
- Several methods of identifying mail recipients
- On-line spelling checker and spelling assistant
- Various mail delivery options
- New mail notification
- One-step mail viewing process
- Mail threading capability
- Automatic mail forwarding
- Expired mail management
- Seamless multi-system networking
- Ease of operation, with full Help key support
- Multiple user support
MAIL MANager has the following features:
- User-defined folders for storing mail. Each MAIL MANager
user is automatically assigned an inbox and outbox folder. The
user can also define additional folders in order to file mail
- Several methods of identifying mail recipients. Mail
recipients can be identified in the following ways:
- Name and location.
- Specifying a distribution list. MAIL MANager supports
both public and private distribution lists.
- Selecting the recipient from a list of all MAIL MANager
- On-line spelling checker and spelling assistant. While
text is being entered, MAIL MANager assists the user by providing
optional spell checking and dictionary look-up capability with
a built-in 112,000 word dictionary.
- Various mail delivery options. The sender can specify
delivery options for each recipient:
- Send mail as a blind copy. This option
specifies that other recipients of the message will not see the
blind copy recipients name in the recipient
- Acknowledge recipients first viewing.
- Confidential mail. This option specifies that only
the sender and the recipient have access to the message. The recipient
cannot copy or forward the message.
- Urgent mail. This option will cause the word URGENT
to be displayed next to the message in the recipients
list of new mail.
- New mail notification. Users can request to have MAIL
MANager send a notification message when new mail is received.
- One-step mail viewing process. While viewing mail,
the recipient may immediately delete, forward, or reply to the
mail. If the message is not deleted, it can optionally be moved
to another folder.
- Mail threading capability. An original message and
all related replies can easily be viewed or printed.
- Automatic mail forwarding. A user may request that
all mail received during a specified time period be forwarded
to another MAIL MANager user.
- Expired mail management. Mail can be assigned a retention
days value. A manual or automatic purge process can be used to
delete expired mail.
- Seamless multi-system networking. MAIL MANager users
can send and receive mail to and from users on other AS/400 systems
connected in a network. MAIL MANager can take advantage of any
APPC network currently in place, and does not require QSNADS.
MAIL MANager user lists can be automatically exchanged with the
remote systems, eliminating the requirement for defining remote
users to each system.
- Ease of operation. MAIL MANager has been designed to
be easy to learn and use by the display station user, with a minimum
of training required. The user may press Help on any display for
an explanation of the various functions and options available.
- Multiple user support. MAIL MANager may be used by
any number of users concurrently.
Specified Operating Environment
Hardware Requirements: MAIL
MANager requires the following minimum system configuration:
- AS/400 (any model)
- One display station
- One printer
- 17.0MB of auxiliary storage
MAIL MANager requires the following software to be installed
on the system:
- Operating System/400, Version 2 Release 1.0
Material: To order, specify system type/model
and distribution medium:
- 8mm tape cartridge
- 1/4-inch tape cartridge
- 1600 bpi open reel tape
This program is distributed as object code. Source
code is available for an additional charge. Media are provided
by and remain the property of WorksRight Software, Inc.
copy of the MAIL MANager Users Guide will be supplied
with the basic machine-readable material.
Charges: One-time charge: $499
program is licensed under the terms and conditions of a Program
License Agreement. A separate license is required for each designated
machine on which the licensed program materials will be used.
A copy of the agreement is included in the program package.
Trial Period: 30 days
This product has been placed in legacy status and is no longer available for order. Support for existing installations is available on a "best effort" basis.
SSPI is an authorized distributor of MAIL MANager,
a product of WorksRight Software, Inc.
Return to SSPI home page